You have two different ways of installing styles in Capture One. The normal and most commonly used method is to import them directly from within Capture One Pro.
You can easily do this by going to Adjustments > Styles > Import. Alternatively, go to the Styles & Presets tool and open the action menu, and choose Import Styles.
Now navigate to the folder that contains the styles that you want to install, and select all the styles files and choose Open. This way is easier and more convenient, but it has one downside. All of the styles you import will be mixed with all the other styles that you have previously imported or created yourself in one big folder.
If you keep your capture one styles organized you will be more likely to use them regularly.
Note that if you import a complete style pack file into Capture One it will create a sub-folder automatically, but not if you only import individual style files.
To install the Capture One Styles into their own sub-menu, you need to copy them to the right place on your computer.
How to Manually Install Capture Styles in a Sub-folder
On a Mac use the following steps:
- First of all, make sure that you close Capture One Pro.
- Locate the files containing the styles that you want to import into Capture One. It is likely styles that you have just downloaded and they might, therefore, be in a zip-file.
If they are, make sure to unzip the files before moving on.
- Copy the entire folder containing the C1 styles. You can do this by either right-clicking on the folder and choosing Copy from the edit menu, or by selecting the folder and pressing CMD + C.
- Now it is time to find the location where Capture One looks for styles. Open a Finder window and then use the menu: Go > Go To Folder (or use SHIFT+CMD+G) and then type this path into the dialog, and click Go :
~/Library/Application Support/Capture One/Styles
You can of course also navigate your way to the above folder.
- Now you should paste the folder containing the Capture One 1 styles that you copied into the current folder. You do this by either right-clicking and choosing Paste or by pressing CMD+V. The copied styles should now be in a folder of their own within the folder where C1 looks for styles.
- Close the Finder window and start-up Capture One again. Go to the Styles & Presets tool, and you should see the styles organized in their own sub-folder.
On a Windows PC you should do the following steps:
- Begin by closing Capture One if it is already running.
- Next locate the C1 styles files you want to install. Remember, if they are in a zip-file, unzip them before continuing.
- Select the folder containing the styles and copy them. You can press CTRL+C or right-click and select Copy.
- Open a Windows Explorer window and navigate to the following directory:
(remember to replace yourusername with the name you use for logging into your Windows PC. If you have multiple hard drives, then select the hard drive where Capture One is installed (which might not be the C-drive).
- Press CTRL+V to paste the folder with the Capture One styles into the current folder.
- Finally, relaunch Capture One and check if the installed styles are now organized into a separate folder in the Styles & Presets tool.
Hopefully, this short instruction helps you keep your styles organized in Capture One Pro.
- Capture One Style Pack – EssentialsSale!
- 49 Powerful Photoshop Actions for Photographers + 8 Bonus PS ActionsSale!
- Nik Collection Presets and Recipes – Art PackageSale!
Featured photo by photo by Chris Schippers